- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 2DToday's Times 13:00Yves Saint LaurentToday's Times 19:30DivergentFriday, 25th AprilPrestatyn RisingWednesday, 7th MayRio 2 2DThursday, 24th AprilRio 2 3DFriday, 25th AprilThe Amazing Spider-Man 2 2DThursday, 24th AprilThe Amazing Spider-Man 2 3DThursday, 24th April
- Andre Rieu s 10th Anniversary ConcertSaturday, 19th JulyDriving Miss DaisySunday, 25th MayEnglish National Opera: CelliniTuesday, 17th JuneGhosts: Recorded Live from The West EndThursday, 26th JuneMacbeth - Globe TheatreWednesday, 25th JuneMatisse Live from Tate ModernTuesday, 3rd JuneMet. Opera: CenerentolaSaturday, 10th MayMet. Opera: Cosi Fan TutteSaturday, 26th AprilMidsummer Night Dream - Globe TheatreWednesday, 16th JulyNT Live: A Small Family BusinessThursday, 12th JuneNT Live: King LearThursday, 1st MayNT Live: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night TimeThursday, 22nd MayRSC Live: Henry IV Part 1Wednesday, 14th MayRSC Live: Henry IV Part 2Wednesday, 18th JuneRSC Live: The Two Gentlemen of VeronaWednesday, 3rd SeptemberTempest - Globe TheatreWednesday, 28th MayVikings Live from the British MuseumThursday, 24th April
The Doors - Live at The Hollywood Bowl 1968 (CERT)
Director: More2Screen Starring: The DOORS 92 mins
The Doors Live At The Bowl ’68 – The band’s historic performance re–mastered in High Definition and 5.1 Surround Sound to bring the definitive version to cinemas for the first time.
The Doors supplied plenty of post–Independence Day fireworks on July 5, 1968 when the legendary quartet played the Hollywood Bowl, a concert that is considered to be the band’s finest on film. From September 24, fans will be able to experience the acclaimed live set – the only complete Doors concert ever captured on film – in a brand new cut, with remixed stereo and a 5.1 Surround Audio soundtrack taken from the original multi-track tapes, then painstakingly re-mastered using 16x9 High Definition digital transfer. Says keyboardist Ray Manzarek of what is now an astonishing audio experience: “You hear it as if you were actually at the Bowl, on stage with us.”
Led by late frontman Jim Morrison, Manzarek and fellow band members John Densmore (drums) and Robby Krieger (guitar) thrill the live audience at the iconic Bowl with a set that includes previously lost performances of Hello I Love You, The WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat) and Spanish Caravan. Making this even more of a must–see event, Live At The Bowl ‘68 features a wealth of new documentary material, including interviews with the band, their friends and colleagues and other never–before–seen footage.
Jeff Jampol, Doors manager and producer of the film said: “The Doors’ live performances were a shamanistic journey into dark rock and roll psychedelic theater – a swirling mixture of rock ‘n’ roll heat, poetry, danger, drama and unbridled musical virtuosity. Captured at the height of The Doors’ magical powers, in one of the world’s greatest venues, this brand new restoration, edit and mix, corny as it may sound, made me fall in love a hundred times, all over again.”
More than 40 years after their debut album, The Doors’ music and legacy are more influential than ever before. Though they’ve had scores of imitators, there’s never been another band quite like them and this film will appeal to their many fans – both their original followers and a younger generation discovering The Doors now.
- Now Showing Today
- Rio 2 2D (U)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 2D (12A)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (3D)
- Yves Saint Laurent (15)
- Live And Special Performances
- Andre Rieu s 10th Anniversary Concert 19/07
- Driving Miss Daisy 25/05
- English National Opera: Cellini 17/06
- Ghosts: Recorded Live from The West End 26/06
- Macbeth - Globe Theatre 25/06
- Matisse Live from Tate Modern 03/06
- Met. Opera: Cenerentola 10/05
- Met. Opera: Cosi Fan Tutte 26/04
- Midsummer Night Dream - Globe Theatre 16/07
- NT Live: A Small Family Business 12/06
- NT Live: King Lear 01/05
- NT Live: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time 22/05
- RSC Live: Henry IV Part 1 14/05
- RSC Live: Henry IV Part 2 18/06
- RSC Live: The Two Gentlemen of Verona 03/09
- Tempest - Globe Theatre 28/05
- Vikings Live from the British Museum 24/04
- Coming Soon
- Prestatyn Rising
- Rio 2 2D
- Rio 2 3D
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 2D
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D
- SILVER SCREEN
- Yves Saint Laurent. Silver Screen
£4.80 per ticket with free refresments. (3D + £1)
Special Seniors only performance.
Every Tuesday at 11am.
All cinema tickets just £3.50* no concessions *Requires £2.00 supplement for 3D Films.
The Scala no longer participates in the Orange Wednesday promotion. We would like to offer all of our customers a great value ticket on a Wednesday.