- Dr Who Monsters: The SontaranTuesday, 16th December
- Bolshoi: La BayadereSunday, 7th DecemberBolshoi: NutcrackerSunday, 21st DecemberBolshoi: Romeo and JulietSunday, 8th MarchBolshoi: Swan LakeSunday, 25th JanuaryEnglish National Opera: CarmenWednesday, 1st JulyEnglish National Opera: La TraviataWednesday, 11th MarchEnglish national Opera: Pirates of PenzanceTuesday, 19th MayGirl with a Pearl Earring and Other TreasuresTuesday, 13th JanuaryNT Live: JOHNTuesday, 9th DecemberNew Years Gala Live from BerlinWednesday, 31st DecemberROH - Alice s Adventures in WonderlandTuesday, 16th DecemberRSC Live: Loves Labours LostWednesday, 11th FebruaryRSC Live: Loves Labours WonWednesday, 4th MarchRembrandt From the National GalleryTuesday, 2nd DecemberRoyal Ballet - Swan LakeTuesday, 17th MarchRoyal Opera - Der Fliegende HollanderTuesday, 24th FebruaryRoyal Opera - L elisir D amoreToday's Times 19:15The ImpressionistsTuesday, 2nd JuneThe Old Vics The CrucibleThursday, 4th DecemberVincent Van Gogh: A New Way Of SeeingTuesday, 14th April
The Doors - Live at The Hollywood Bowl 1968 (CERT)
Director: More2Screen Starring: The DOORS 92 mins
The Doors Live At The Bowl ’68 – The band’s historic performance re–mastered in High Definition and 5.1 Surround Sound to bring the definitive version to cinemas for the first time.
The Doors supplied plenty of post–Independence Day fireworks on July 5, 1968 when the legendary quartet played the Hollywood Bowl, a concert that is considered to be the band’s finest on film. From September 24, fans will be able to experience the acclaimed live set – the only complete Doors concert ever captured on film – in a brand new cut, with remixed stereo and a 5.1 Surround Audio soundtrack taken from the original multi-track tapes, then painstakingly re-mastered using 16x9 High Definition digital transfer. Says keyboardist Ray Manzarek of what is now an astonishing audio experience: “You hear it as if you were actually at the Bowl, on stage with us.”
Led by late frontman Jim Morrison, Manzarek and fellow band members John Densmore (drums) and Robby Krieger (guitar) thrill the live audience at the iconic Bowl with a set that includes previously lost performances of Hello I Love You, The WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat) and Spanish Caravan. Making this even more of a must–see event, Live At The Bowl ‘68 features a wealth of new documentary material, including interviews with the band, their friends and colleagues and other never–before–seen footage.
Jeff Jampol, Doors manager and producer of the film said: “The Doors’ live performances were a shamanistic journey into dark rock and roll psychedelic theater – a swirling mixture of rock ‘n’ roll heat, poetry, danger, drama and unbridled musical virtuosity. Captured at the height of The Doors’ magical powers, in one of the world’s greatest venues, this brand new restoration, edit and mix, corny as it may sound, made me fall in love a hundred times, all over again.”
More than 40 years after their debut album, The Doors’ music and legacy are more influential than ever before. Though they’ve had scores of imitators, there’s never been another band quite like them and this film will appeal to their many fans – both their original followers and a younger generation discovering The Doors now.
- BFI Days of Fear and Wonder Sci-Fi Film Festival
- Dr Who Monsters: The Sontaran 16/12
- Live And Special Performances
- Bolshoi: La Bayadere 07/12
- Bolshoi: Nutcracker 21/12
- Bolshoi: Romeo and Juliet 08/03
- Bolshoi: Swan Lake 25/01
- English National Opera: Carmen 01/07
- English National Opera: La Traviata 11/03
- English national Opera: Pirates of Penzance 19/05
- Girl with a Pearl Earring and Other Treasures 13/01
- NT Live: JOHN 09/12
- New Years Gala Live from Berlin 31/12
- ROH - Alice s Adventures in Wonderland 16/12
- RSC Live: Loves Labours Lost 11/02
- RSC Live: Loves Labours Won 04/03
- Rembrandt From the National Gallery 02/12
- Royal Ballet - Swan Lake 17/03
- Royal Opera - Der Fliegende Hollander 24/02
- Royal Opera - L elisir D amore TODAY
- The Impressionists 02/06
- The Old Vics The Crucible 04/12
- Vincent Van Gogh: A New Way Of Seeing 14/04
- SILVER SCREEN
- Mr Turner. Silver Screen
- SPECIAL SCREENINGS
£4.80 per ticket with free refresments. (3D + £1)
Special Seniors only performance.
Every Tuesday at 11am.