- Frozen 2DFriday, 6th DecemberFrozen 3DFriday, 6th DecemberGravity 3DWednesday, 4th DecemberHunger Games: Catching FireWednesday, 4th DecemberIt s a Wonderful LifeMonday, 23rd DecemberLe Week-EndFriday, 6th DecemberSaving Mr BanksFriday, 13th DecemberThe ButlerFriday, 6th DecemberThe Christmas CandleFriday, 20th DecemberThe Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 2DSunday, 15th DecemberThe Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 3DFriday, 13th December
- Bolshoi: JewelsSunday, 19th JanuaryBolshoi: Lost IllusionsSunday, 2nd FebruaryBolshoi: The Golden AgeSunday, 30th MarchBolshoi: The Sleeping BeautySunday, 22nd DecemberGala Live from BerlinTuesday, 31st DecemberMet. Opera: Cosi Fan TutteSaturday, 26th AprilMet. Opera: FalstaffSaturday, 14th DecemberMet. Opera: La BohemeSaturday, 5th AprilMet. Opera: Prince IgorSaturday, 1st MarchMet. Opera: RusalkaSaturday, 8th FebruaryMet. Opera: WertherSaturday, 15th MarchNT Live: CoriolanusThursday, 30th JanuaryNT Live: War HorseThursday, 27th FebruaryNT Live: War Horse EncoreMonday, 17th MarchNoel Coward s Private LivesFriday, 14th FebruaryRobin O Hood and the Betsi BabesTuesday, 10th December
PARTNERS AND FUNDERS
The Development Fund
The Scala Cinema & Arts Centre development is the result of much commitment, hard work and tenacity and the generosity of a number of individuals and funding bodies. The ambition of the Scala Prestatyn Company Limited is to make the centre a major cultural and entertainment destination for North Wales.
By supporting the Development Fund, you will be joining many other individuals and organisations who demonstrate their commitment to the ongoing success of the Scala Cinema & Arts Centre by providing financial and volunteer support. Gifts to the Fund will provide the Scala with additional revenue funding, for activities including artistic programming, community outreach and the maintenance of the building and equipment.
The Scala Cinema and Arts Centre has been funded and supported by a range of organisations, including:
- Welsh Assembly Government
- Prestatyn Town Council
- The Foundation for Sport and the Arts
- The Arts Council For Wales
- Film Agency Wales
- The Welsh Assembly Government & Town Improvement Grant
- Denbighshire County Council
- The Friends of the Scala
Your generosity will ensure the ongoing success of the Scala.
Since the Scala Cinema & Arts Centre opened in early 2009, audiences from across Prestatyn, North Wales and beyond have enjoyed watching films, concerts and other live performances here. As Wales’ first all-digital cinema, the Scala, with its outstanding technology, truly offers people of all ages a cultural hub, where they can participate in the arts and be entertained! The centre offers a wide range of facilities for business, training and the community which puts it at the heart of the arts scene in North Wales.
The new Scala rose from the rubble of the original Scala Cinema, which opened in 1913 and closed in 2000. Following that, the efforts of many individuals and organisations made the realisation of the vision for the new Scala possible. We have a wonderful, beautifully designed building; we have a fantastic range of cinema and artistic programming; we have a lovely café and exciting arts gallery for visitors to enjoy. To ensure the Scala can continue to provide all of these things to audiences of all ages, we need your gifts, to provide crucial, ongoing revenue funding.
Will you make a donation to support this fantastic venue? Your generosity will ensure the ongoing success of the Scala Cinema & Arts Centre.
Yours sincerely, Rhiannon Wyn Hughes Chair, Scala Prestatyn Company Limited Board
The Scala Cinema & Arts Centre welcomes gifts at all levels. Donors can make either single gifts, by credit/debit card or cheque, or regular gifts by Direct Debit. (Please note that giving by cheque and Direct Debit is available to UK bank account holders only.)
Donors who are UK taxpayers can complete a Gift Aid declaration, which will enable the Scala Prestatyn Trustee Company Limited to reclaim Basic Rate tax on your gift. This increases the value of your gift by nearly a third, at no extra cost to you! Additionally, if you are a Higher Rate taxpayer, you can also claim the difference between Higher Rate and Basic Rate tax on the total value of your gift to the Scala, on your Self Assessment tax return.
Your support for the Scala Cinema & Arts Centre will ensure that this wonderful venue can continue to thrive, entertaining audiences of all ages from North Wales and beyond.